Enerqos’ commitment to energy transition continues

GSE’s 2020 activities report: 20% of Italian energy consumption is covered by renewables

Milan, 26 May 2021– “Our efforts aim to increase the share of renewables in energy systems, starting with the electricity sector, which has the potential to decarbonise first compared to other sectors, by leveraging on the abundance of renewable resources available and predominantly mature technologies”. Said the Minister for Ecological Transition Roberto Cingolani, speaking via streaming at the presentation of the GSE’s 2020 Activities Report.

According to the GSE Report, more than 15 billion euros have been allocate for the promotion of sustainability, of which 11.9 billion for the promotion of electricity produced from renewable sources, 1.1 billion for energy efficiency and renewables in the thermal sector, 1 billion for biofuels.

These are the main figures relating to the activities carried out in 2020 by Gestore dei Servizi Energetici, an Italian company of the Ministry of Economy and Finance that promotes sustainable development through the promotion of energy efficiency, renewable sources, but also through a widespread information and training campaign aimed at citizens, public administrations and firms.

In this perspective, the National Integrated Plan for Energy and Climate has become the compass to guide actions aimed at reaching the 2030 targets: reduction of emissions from 40% to 55%. In this context, the elaboration of the Italian National Plan of Recovery and Resilience (PNRR), just launched, was drawn up following the decarbonisation trajectories identified by the PNIEC.

Enerqos Energy Solutions has been operating for more than 15 years with the mission of taking care of the environment, offering a competitive advantage to Italian companies through energy efficiency solutions and renewable energy– says the Chairman Giorgio Pucci-. Our interventions leverage our technological and energy expertise, generating concrete results in economic terms, reduction of consumption and emissions. We are part of the energy transition”.

With 20% of total energy consumption in the electricity, thermal and transport sectors covered by renewable sources, Italy has achieved the objectives set by the European Union in 2020 (17% in 2020 for Italy). In addition, in the electricity sector 37% of consumption was satisfied by renewable sources, which is associated with a production of about 116 TWh, thanks to new plants installed for over 900 MW of power (of which 750 MW is photovoltaic power) and with the increase in photovoltaic production due to increased solar radiation. Photovoltaics will also play a key role in 2021 thanks to the start of projects related to collective self-consumption and energy communities.

“In the last 2 years Enerqos has realized about 48 MWp of photovoltaic systems, 8 MWt of biomass boilers, 3,1 MWe of cogeneration thanks to the combination of three fundamental drivers: energy, technology and finance– explains the CEO Stefano Granella. In particular, we support the competitive advantage of photovoltaic technology, which has differentiated itself in recent years thanks to a significant reduction in costs, by proposing storage systems for the valorisation of self-produced energy”.